Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Short Update

Hey everyone! This will be really short, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing well. Last week I spent a couple of days in Kampala just to relax, and got to hang out with one of my friends from UCU named Jones. But I'm back now and ready to work hard again! This week we are going around to visit schools and hand out some uniforms and books to children that can't afford them. Then on Saturday we are having a training session for EI's Why Wait program, which offers education on HIV/AIDS around Uganda. Next week I'm going to be helping local teachers incorporate some of the material into their curriculums and stuff like that. Anyway, I've started reading War and Peace to pass some of the time, and its very good! I highly recommend it! Also, there are now three puppies here with me, and I named them Ringo, Pavlov, and Tolstoy. Reverend Kenneth's daughter Glory is now with me in Pader, and she will be working as my translator here. So, its not so quiet in the house anymore, which is a good thing lol. Well, I hope everyone is doing well! I only have a little over 2 months to go!

2 comments:

  1. you got to hang out with Jones!! that's awesome! oh, and i love your puppy names, by the way. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I loved those puppies...unfortunatel 2 of them just died. Sorry to break the news just as you got to know them.

    ReplyDelete